This island offers it all, and has generated a very big fanbase. This can be a reason for travellers not to go to Bali. The amount of tourists here is overwhelming, especially in places like Kuta, Nusa Dua and Ubud. But there are enough places to find where you’ll meet locals instead of tourists and where you can enjoy a proper remote Indonesia experience.
Bali is a great destination for a baby-moon. Why? The climate is enjoyable, the distances short (so no long car-rides or extra flights necessary) and you can enjoy some proper beach time in combination with culture and nature here.
The mom says
× There are so many romantic resorts to find on Bali, you will definitely enjoy some quality time here together. Try to avoid the touristic areas, it’s not very difficult.
× The culture here is touching. People are so genuine and easy to approach, the respect for human and animals by the locals is very high. Makes you smile!
× Even though you have to be a bit careful around food (don’t eat street food!) the Indonesian cuisine is yummy and healthy. Colourful plates with fresh ingredients combined with the most divine mocktails for the mom-to-be. You are not missing out on anything here!
The dad says
× Bali offers a proper switch off. The time difference in combination with the completely different culture and nature ensures a sublime holiday experience.
× Yoga, running, cycling, hiking…..If you want to, you can make a holiday to Bali into an active getaway. Combine it with a top class massage upon return to the resort. A couples massage of course, these things are so much better when enjoyed together!
× The combination of hip and trendy clubs with remote resorts ensures a very diverse experience. From lounging at KuDeTa in Seminyak to watching a private temple ceremony on the beach in the Tabanan region. Amazing.
Top 5 accommodations for a romantic baby-moon in Bali
♥ Best of the best: Alila Villas Uluwatu. On the most southern tip of the island, at 100 metres above sea level you will find the most luxurious villas (with private pool, of course) and a service that will blow you away. Alila Villas Uluwatu proves that luxury and sustainability can go hand in hand, eco-luxury doesn’t get much better than this!
Inside information: the famous Hakkasan is hitting Bali, taking residence at The Cliff at Alila Villas Uluwatu this summer!
♥ Soori Bali is situated at about a 1 hour drive from Seminyak but take a bit more time to get there as the famous Tanah Lot Temple is on the way. Stay in one of the Ocean Pool Villas; you will have the best views, guaranteed! The experience at Soori Bali is local luxury at it’s best. It’s a coming and going of people visiting the temple next to the resort. Scooters, bicycles, people and dogs walking up and down. Take a bicycle and go cycling, do a rice paddy walk with guide and don’t forget to visit the spa!
♥ The Amala in Seminyak is the perfect start of your holiday in Bali. At a close distance to the airport (about 30 mins drive) it’s a sanctuary in the vibrant Seminyak area. From your luxury spa villa you’ll walk to the beach, shops and restaurants in 15 minutes. But this boutique property offers enough to stay in for. Beautiful lounge areas, a fantastic spa, yoga and wellness classes and a healthy menu. Lounge the jetlag away and start your holiday here!
♥ Ubud has to be included in your itinerary. This artist village has transformed into a vibrant and popular city but you can still find really cool galleries, museums and restaurants here. The choice on accommodation is plentiful but chose for The Purist Villas if you like to stay in a bit more quiet area or chose for Komaneka at Bisma when you want to be within walking distance of the hustle and bustle.
♥ If you are looking for more local experiences, Kelapa Retreat might be what you are looking for. Situated on a endless stretch of lava-beach close to a small fishing village you will find peace and quietness in your ocean front village.
The ideal route for your baby-moon in Bali
- Leave the busy airport area as soon as possible and head to Seminyak where you shake off your jetlag in The Amala. A few days of wellness combined with romantic privacy and the proximity of Bali’s finest clubs will sort you out.
- From Seminyak, you’ll drive northwest (book a transfer, traffic in Bali is hectic!) to the Tabanan area. On your way there, you will pass the Tanah Lot temple so make sure to stop and enjoy the view. The drive to Soori Bali is beautiful! Scooters and busy streets make place for picturesque residential areas and bicycles. Make sure to stay at least three nights at Soori Bali to make the most of it.
- It’s a fun drive from Soori Bali to Ubud. On the way, you can stop at a local ceramics factory (you won’t see any other tourists), a silver / jewellery maker and there are some very pretty temple complexes.
- The Purist Villas is a designer masterpiece, a stone’s throw away from Ubud but in a quiet and serene area. Stay in a suite and enjoy wellness and privacy with the restaurants and museums of Ubud at close proximity.
- From The Purist you’ll drive to the southern most tip of Bali, where a magical finish of your baby-moon in Bali is awaiting you at Alila Villas Uluwatu.